Thinking of moving to Austin? Now more than ever, the Austin-area real estate market is highly sought after. Based on current market conditions, you’ll most likely be up against five to six other offers—challenging, but far from impossible. To snag a piece of this prime real estate, be sure to stay ahead of the curve and work with a professional. Bill Evans with the Austin Board of REALTORS® offered some key tips on how to successfully navigate through the thriving Austin-area real estate market. View the KVUE segment and read below for more tips.
Helpful Tips to Succeed in the Austin Area Buyers’ Market
- In this highly competitive market, make your highest and best offer quickly once you’ve found the right home.
- Work with a REALTOR®. They are armed with the crucial local expertise and industry knowledge you need to buy an Austin home.
- Before starting the process, take these steps to get your finances and paperwork in order:
- Get pre-approved for a loan.
- Get your financing in order, budgeting for closing, inspection, and lending costs, as well as potential extra funds needed for a competitive advantage.
- Know your credit. If you have damaged credit, repair it before entering the market.
- If you’re currently leasing a home, be sure to plan in advance and work around your lease terms. It is sometimes possible to end a lease early, but most times it involves paying and other conditionals.
- Practice patience, and expect delays when encountering multiple offers, for inspections, during the lending process, for communication between all parties, and more.
Above all else, have confidence and peace-of-mind by working with a local REALTOR® when you buy your next Austin home.