The praise keeps pouring in! Over the past few months, Austin has continued to appear in local and national publications, topping “Best Of” lists in a variety of categories. Below we’ve outlined some of the latest accolades Austin has received.
- American City Business Journals ranked Austin the number one city for young adults to start a career, citing its young population, high job growth and low unemployment rate of recent graduates.
- Forbes ranked Austin as the city with the most potential for growth during the next decade. Also called a “boom town,” Austin was expected to add 6,000 residents to its population during the summer of 2011.
- According to CNNMoney, Austin is one of the top cities for business in the world, due to its smart labor, solid infrastructure and potential customer base. The biggest and fastest growing industry in the city is computer technology, as it is home to such companies as Dell, Intel and Cisco.
- The Austin American-Statesman mentioned that Austin has the best economy in the nation. The article cited Austin’s strong housing market as one of the biggest factors in keeping the Texas Capital in good economic condition.
- The Brookings Institution cited Austin as a green job generator. Green jobs include developers of solar panels, wind turbines and mass transit. As of July 2011, Austin had 14,554 green jobs with a median pay of $40,441.
You can expect Austin to receive more awards and praise as the year continues. To keep up with the latest Austin accolades, visit the Austin/Central Texas news section here at AustinHomeSearch.com.